Gate to My Heart

Creak, squeak
The rusty gate utters
A melody that's unique
And filled with silent prayers.

Releasing squeals of joy
When someone enters,
Emitting moans of woe
As someone departs.

Rusted from continuous tears,
Almost falling apart
As love disappears,
That is the gate to my heart.

yourlove-mywings said...
May 8, 2013 at 2:07 pm:
i love it... it was really good.. that is kinda what happens to me.. i need someone to love me and never stop loving me and help me put back the pieces of my heart except keep one piece and put a piece of his to replace it. :-D

dia.dreamer said...

I loved it!!! you did an amazing job!!! I wish you hadn't explained it in the author's comments, though. leave it for the readers to figure out. :)

-five stars-

the first stanza is my fave. :)

dia.dreamer replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 1:08 pm :
oh, and keep writing!!!!! :)

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 7:08 pm :

I appreciate your comment so much- thanks!

Bleh--I know. I was a very "new" writer that didn't apply the #1 rule "show don't tell" at that time. I would get rid of that author's comment...if I could.

Thanks again!

I may not write more poetry but I'll certianly keep writing! Thanks for the encouragement. :-D

_Elsy_ said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 2:42 pm:
thats amazing, and really deep. this is the first thing i have red of yours and i already know you have amazing talent. btw-can you check out some of my stuff?

DeepSecrets said...
Wow! thats good keep writing please. Don't stop expressing.

Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:27 pm :
Thank you so much. You have no idea how much I needed to hear that. Life can be so...well, you know. Thanks a katrillion times!

DeepSecrets replied...
Apr. 3, 2010 at 10:06 am :
OH no problem, just don't be afraid to let it all out and just go crazy if you have too, just please, please don't stop writing. Life is crazy and you need to write in theses crazy times. You are so very welcome.

dia.dreamer replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 1:09 pm :
I COMPLETELY agree with you. writing is the first and the last resort when your life is awesome/crazy.

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is... indredible. You are so talented! I really do love this.
Keep writing and God bless,
...,

Shelley said...
This poem is so beautiful! It deserves an amazing comment, but I just can't think of any other word but beautiful, and yet that doesn't even come close to describing how it truly has touched my own heart.

Oct. 5, 2009 at 6:22 pm :
Awwww, thanks so much. I haven't had a comment like yours in a long time. Again, thanks!

!Mandi! said...
Oct. 2, 2009 at 11:00 am:
very nice! :) its really good!

Dreamer123 said...
Sept. 26, 2009 at 8:31 am:
This is such an awesome poem i love it 5 stars the gate to your heart is an awesome title i love this poem. God Bless!

Sept. 26, 2009 at 4:24 pm :
Awww, thanks so much. Haven't had a comment in a long time and it was such a pleasure to get one from you!! Thanks a ton, you rock!

annkaykay2011 said...
Its really good, it has its flow.
Keep it up =]

Angie4real said...
Sept. 4, 2009 at 1:24 am:
tihi, nosy is good :) , no I don't actually but when I read a good book I have a tendency to write a matching poem sometimes so this is the one I wrote after reading Jinx, by Meg Cabot :D , really, you're comments make me smile like an idiot every time :)

mallory14 said...
Aug. 27, 2009 at 1:08 am:
this poem is very amazing and it really says alot, keep writing because this is truly magnificent

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thanks so much guys for your awesome comments, they really raise my heart up. I had always stunk at poetry and since this poem was my first ever poem, I thought that it wouldn't be good at all, but surprisingly tons of people like it. All I did was write my emotions on paper and it became a poem just like that. Thanks again!!

Shelley replied...
Oct. 5, 2009 at 6:25 pm :
I read this after posting a comment of my own, and I just had to say that you definitely don't stink at poetry, and if this is considered "stinking" (lol) at poetry...then I love poetry that stinks...ok, that was all just funny sounding...anyways, wonderful work! You are an amazing poet!