Bitter Class

Why Hate me because I am Beautiful?
It is a question I ask every day. Do I scare them with my middle class hands. Oh yes with a great big bed to crawl into every night. Where bickering and stupid games are out of sight. In this suburban neighborhood. Do they know where true poverty lies? A scheme to dispossess us of what makes us comfortable. They say that he is untame with his top hat, gapped teeth and false hip replacement. Or she over there with the two jobs, only a block away from a ghetto rob. She should apply herself once she isn’t jealous of my beauty. She will be the first to damp a generations cry. Oh why her ugly face and not a beautiful mine. So the wall street says it’ll behave. It forgets this middle family broke the American rule. Credit is a scary tool. Aid is to the ghetto- distress is on this mind. Poor and rich get it tall. While I oh so beautiful tango in the middle of it all.

Dokidoki-rin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is great, reminds us we're in a recession and everything. Especially the ending, nice stuff!