What is Love?

By , Riverside, CT
Love. What is it? I don't have it. I don't receive it. For some unknown reason, I don't
deserve to be loved my others. I'm sick and tired of felling this way. But what am I going to do.
No one listens, no one cares. I am not loved, I was never loved, and I will never be loved. Maybe
love isn't a feeling or an action. Maybe it's just a word. A word that isn't in my dictionary.
A word that has no meaning for me. They tell me everything happens for a reason. That God has a
wonderful future for me. But I am starting to doubt everything, including God. They tell me, 'Oh,
maybe you and that guy weren't meant to be.' Maybe I wasn't meant to be alive. No one loves
me. They say, 'I love you,' but they use that word so loosely. How am I supposed to know they
mean it?! I used to stand so tall. I used to be so strong. Now I lay in my dark closet, alone, I
sit. I sit and I cry. I can't pretend I'm happy anymore. It's gotten too far.I try so hard to make my life better. No matter how much I pray or talk to the
Lord, I feel like He isn't there. I turn to friends but when I try to reach out, no one is there
to listen. I feel like I don't belong where I am. I have made wishes to be loved. But my wishes
never seem to come true. I don't get what I'm doing wrong. But whatever it is, it's keeping me
from being loved. In the eyes of others and of love, I don't appear. I am not there for anything.
I don't know why I was put on this earth. I don't know why I exist, why I live. I live with no
love. No love, no one to love. I just want to know'What is love?

becca7 said...
Aug. 15, 2009 at 12:58 am
ok well. the thing is i wrote this poem my sign in thingy here is like becca7 or somethine. but thnx guys. i try to write about my feelings in poems. i dont talk to my parents about my feelings because most of them are about them and they dont listen all that well to me. thank you so much for commenting and thinking its good. :D i apperciate it

Electricity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
~_~ I feel so sorry for you. You must feel so lonely and unwanted! Sometimes I feel the same way, but then I realize that everyone in the age we are probably in feel the same way. Sometimes we delude ourselves to thinking what isn't really there. Like a ghost, almost. We see it, and no one else does. Try reaching out. When I feel unwanted and unloved, I open up to someone (but be careful who that someone is...), like a friend who is very close, or my family. You could try, when the time is ri... (more »)

Sarah22 said...
Aug. 6, 2009 at 4:09 am
ok, well its perfect normal to feel unloved. everyone does sumtimes. but even tho im a complete stranger i want u to no i luv u and i always pray for. it mite feel like no one cares but i promise people do care about u. like me who doesnt even no u.