Why Fear? | Teen Ink

Why Fear?

July 31, 2009
By ndn686 BRONZE, Lakeville, Minnesota
ndn686 BRONZE, Lakeville, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Why is it so hard to tell the truth?
What do people fear more other people hearing it?
Or the possibility of a mistake being the truth?
I am tired… sick and tired of being lied to.
I know the truth. So every minute you spend
Covering it up on your face…is another minute where you make a fool of yourself
I am not a little child who needs to be told the meanings of pain, and betrayal.
You taught me that all on your own when you didn’t tell me the truth.
Why must to linger on whether or not to accept me? Why do you do this to me?
Torment me, and taunt me. I realized I am slowly drifting apart from you.
And the saddest part is you didn’t do anything to keep me with you.
You let me leave, and that stings most of all.
You didn’t turn around and ask what was happening, you just turned and smiled.
I see what you are. I accepted you, and you left me lying in the dust.
Stop treating me like I am three years old. You taught me how to grow up on my own.
Like a baby taking its first steps…you were there in the beginning two steps but when I depended on you to hold me up you let me fall, and you never showed me how to get up again. I am all alone now, and you are just fine with that. But to tell you the truth, I am not fine anymore. I am just here wondering what the hell I do to stand up on my own two feet. My life is no longer your game. You played me like a chess piece. I am done. My battle is over. Checkmate.