When the Stars Came to Visit that Night

The stars came to visit that night,
To sneak upon love's heavy eyes,
As they kissed their daughter goodnight.

And as she laid in their light,
To give into her body's cries,
The stars came to visit that night.

They danced about in delight,
Spinning as their dresses devised,

So as to settle their plight,
While the parent's planned the emprise,
The stars came to visit that night.

It was prior to the child's wedding night,
When the stars were in their moonlit skies,

The girl tossed in bundles of white,
And while she laid, none the wise,
The stars came to visit that night,

ElizabethW said...
I read this while listening to Melodramma by Andrea Bocelli. The two go hand in hand quite well :). I've never read something that gave me chills before, that's called great writing! Thanks for the chills through my body as I read this great poetic masterwork!

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much! That really really really means a lot to me! Did you get the comment reply I left on "Ocean"?

ElizabethW replied...
Np ;)...lol sadly though I didn't receive your comment on "Ocean" since I don't have a peice titled under that name :D.

My bad lol Sorry I couldnt remember the title exactly :( but did u recieve the comment? lol I really am sorry though! Ahh I feel horrible now

ElizabethW replied...
Dec. 31, 2009 at 10:29 am
lol it's np, infact a bit funny. Emm did you comment here on teenink or is it on the other site?

on teenink :)

ElizabethW replied...
Hmm gonna have to say I didn't receive it. I did however receive a comment from you on Inkpop about Teenink. But no comments on teen ink.

Well that stinks. UGH I put so much thought into that commment tooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ElizabethW replied...
:) I'm sure you did. Well, thanks anyway for commenting :).

No prob :)

amber0812 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this poem. I think the formatting is perfect for the story it conveys.

Carolina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very sweet poem. I have never heard of this type of poem before, but I really like it and you use it well. Keep it up!

dreamer_believer said...
Aug. 6, 2009 at 2:11 am
wow this is great! it has rythym, a great layout, and a sweet story! i really really like it! thanks for your comments on my article "remembering". im glad i decided to check out your other work cuz this one is just as good as your others! but wow i love this poem, it has a really sweet and honest meaning! great job. check out some of my other work :)

kiwi12 said...
I felt fluttered in... if that's the right word. I can't think of any other way to put it. Fantastic! =]

kiwi12 said...
I like this very much! And it completely fits the picture you picked with it.