The Kings | Teen Ink

The Kings

July 18, 2009
By Justin Piselli SILVER, Newtonville, Massachusetts
Justin Piselli SILVER, Newtonville, Massachusetts
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

An endless cycle of bloodshed.
The embers of war smother the innocent and spare the iniquity among men.
Although the aftermath of wars may have devastated several dozen families,
The kings of salvation, the unborn children of the next generation
Shall rise and conquer the demon of sins.
Possibly out of many one of those unborn children, the destined child shall be chosen.
Like a pod, it shall bud and blossom into a gorgeous flower.
With endless determination, and the spirit to never give up,
He or she will create a utopian society, and create a heaven on Earth.

The author's comments:
I chose to write this article because after witnessing and studying about many wars in the past and present, I've begun to understand the pain, hatred, and sadness within peoples hearts which fuels wars. Though I have no experience in wars nor have I felt the loss of someone who has moved on in wars, I am begginning to have a sense of what it feels. I chose to write this article because I want to explain to people the meaning of true peace and happiness. I'm sure that is almost everyone's dream. Basically my dream is to search for true peace wherever it may be. I hope my poem will encourage readers to think about how wars affect our lives. Are wars really necessary? Are wars bringing our nations closer together? Can peace really exist in this world? If I should fail in searching for true peace I hope that other people in the world as well as of the next generation can find an answer to peace.