Last light

The sun plays so innocently upon the fresh, green leaves, producing a light so golden and pristine

it is hard to determine whether it is real or a trick of the eye.

But I do not think this scene is meant to fool us, nor stray us away from reality, no.

it is something to be enjoyed and enjoyed by others! To be admired and cherished in every possible way!

For there are many things we have missed because of our oblivious nature, our shyness, our selfishness, or our quickness to dismiss something that may or may not be true.

We definitely have our faults, which we weigh heavily upon our shoulders, but we must surrender!!

Declare ourselves and witness this glorious scene before us and enjoy the pleasantries nature has bestowed upon us.

For that is all we have to live for

But alas! The sun turns to crimson red, and she sets her rays on the deep ocean blue and the sky that once was lit, is darkened.

And in the sun's place the moon arises and in the shadows the green leaves wait for the morning light to shed again.

xXsmileXx This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really like this poem. I love the wording and the last stanza, especially. Amazing Job!

xXFadedFlowerXx said...
Wow, great poem. Very beautifully written. Nice work! :)