War: My sister and Me | Teen Ink

War: My sister and Me

By AlexaLexi PLATINUM, Mattawan, Michigan
AlexaLexi PLATINUM, Mattawan, Michigan

War, My Sister and me

One hot, blistering, agonizing day, when I was 6 years old,

Kayleigh, Danlea and I were playing a war game. Danlea and Kayleigh were the bad guys. I was the

good military war fitter. My mission was to take over the fort and then secure the bomb. Their
mission

was to bomb the biggest nuclear reactor plant. This was taking place in a field

behind the Mushroom Cape Hotel in Mesick, Michigan. The field with its high stocks of wheat looked

to me like braided gold threads. We were in the middle of the game. I was

crawling on my hands and knees trying to find the base. I had been crawling for ten minutes when I

stopped.

A noise caught my ear. I crouched down more and reached for my bow. I reached for the pouch

my back and got a feathered black arrow with a flat led tip. I knocked my bow, ready for an attack.

Sweat came pouring into my eyes. I wiped it away, still waiting. Still no attack came. After waiting
for

a few more seconds, I decided to keep going. While I was crawling slowly, I thought and felt stupid.

My bow was just a bent stick with an elastic string tied to it. My arrows were just sticks that

had notches. In the game it was a real bow. But it can still shoot the arrows or sticks. I started
to crawl a

little faster then I had, sweat still poring into my eyes, blinding me. My brown long hair, even
though

up in a braid on my head, off my neck, was drenched with sweat, which in turn made my yellow-gold

shirt and paints felt itchy. Still crawling, I could see very faintly the fort that was really an
old seller

above the ground, was a good ten feet away. All of the sudden, from somewhere in the thick hay of

gold braided mass, someone yelled and jumped out of the hay. It was Danlea launching an ambush. I

tried to reach my bow but, too late. I was pinned to the hard ground.

My back sunk in an inch or so and I screamed. Danlea started to punch me, first in the arm then

the throat. Kayleigh, who was on Danlea's team heard me scream with pain. Kayleigh ran as hard she

could to find me. She finally found me, and she was furious. She grabbed Danlea by the back of his

shirt and threw him to the ground,'I told you not to hurt her Danlea. Remember. I said if you
hurt

her, I would so help me, I would give you a black eye,'Kayleigh yelled.

Kayleigh's face was turning red. Her brown hair and brown eyes seemed to be turning to

flames. She was clenching her fists in fury. Danlea on the other hand, was turning pale, ghostly,

disgusting, sickly white.

'It's time to pay Danlea for what you did to my sister. And guess what, its going to hurt,'

Kayleigh said with a malicious grin slapped across her face.

She grabbed him by the front of his shirt, plowing him into the ground again harder than before.

Then started to hit him so forcefully I couldn't look.

'You can look now. Let's go home now. We need to get some ice and some food. I'm starved.'

We walked back through the field, back through the parking lot, and into our yard.

The End

xXsmileXx PLATINUM, St. Louis, Missouri

"Your dreams only become intangible when you stop reaching" ~me ;)

I love this poem, it makes me miss being a little kid and making up games and using ur imagination without feeling silly. Nice work!