Without an Evil Hour

Sweet dogwoods lean against the hills
That turn the plains to flower.
And not in warm day or nightly chill
Have they seen an evil hour.

Tortured with love; sealed with a kiss,
The beautiful field grows.
But seek not time without bliss
As far as nature goes.

The friendly scent, though only subtle,
Is there, either way,
And the swallow, his song in rebuttal
Whilst last light kisses the day.

Stars twinkle and smile in the sky
So sweetly, but the sour?
Banished with a mournful cry
Without an evil hour.

SlamminMan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

in case the last message doesnt work ok haha and ill make a forum

Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:14 am
ok thanks and which forum, i have a piece that i cant finish and i wouldn't mind some help with it, i will send you it through that i just thought emailing might be quicker and easier

SlamminMan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
haha ok i guess we can do that but... ok i wil try and make one but here, my first name is ben, my last name is mili-tell-o. my email is my initials.my first name.my last name and i use gmail. the periods actualy in thos spots. give it a try... ill make a forum anyway

Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:23 am
This is the second time i've read this piece, and i realy love the way you say all of your lines. you make things that are so simpl beautiful and poetic. i would love to know where you got the idea for your writing... email me or comment or whatev but you have crazy talent in poetry and it would be cool if you could help me with my newest piece for my nationals competition. thanks and keep writing

aub13zzz replied...
Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:56 am

thanks!!! it means a lot! and i'd love to help u with ur writing!

oh and also, it just came to me... i was just thinking about nature and this is how i wrote it...

good luck with ur contest, and if u want to contact me u can comment below or post in a forum :)

AlexaClare said...

You write so well, the rhyming is very good and I could understand what you are trying to say. I love all your work, you are amazing at writing.  

-Alexa 

aub13zzz replied...
Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:58 am
thanks, Alexa!! :)

AlexaClare replied...
Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:59 am
Your welcome Aubrey :) 

writer24/7/365 said...
wow this is beautiful. you feel like you're there.

writer24/7/365 replied...
this one and '10 Perilpus Pimples' are two of my favorite things you wrote!