Emotions Not Expressed | Teen Ink

Emotions Not Expressed

By xXFadedFlowerXx GOLD, Roy, Utah
xXFadedFlowerXx GOLD, Roy, Utah

A pen lies upon my desk
waiting to be brought back
from its rest
waiting to fill the blank pages
of my notebook
with deep thoughts of
secrets, and feelings
and words that were never
said
waiting to pour out
the emotions that pulled through
me
and yet were never expressed

I wrote this one day when I was feeling a lot of emotion bottled up inside me. I usually write to express my emotions but for some reason I hadn't written in a long time.

jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

i really like this. i get my emotions out for writing so i like how you explained this feeling. great job. i like how it flows and what you talked about in the poem! :0 keep writing cuz your really good! :) also check out some of my work an leave comments :0 thanks!

April. BRONZE said...
April. BRONZE, Lake Charles, Louisiana
I like this. I can definately relate. I can always write what is inside but I just can't say it. Like the pen is my best friend that I can share all my secrets with but no one else.

Zero_K DIAMOND said...
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

"Life's no fun if you're not insane, otherwise you grow up to be an accountant." -Moi

I love this and I know how you feel. Sometimes I just feel so full of emotions but can't write a thing about them to save my life so I usually just simmer in my own juices until I come up with something, something good happens, or I explode. Thankfully I don't explode too often. Great job. ZERO