smudged fingerprints

Even though I promised myself that I wouldn't fall in love with you, I couldn't run away from what I knew was true.
The way you made me feel, I thought that it was all real.
The way you said goodbye. I had to accept that it was our time.
I could go my whole life and never realize why you made this end. But no, we'd just be friends.
things got rough but you were still the one that I loved. But when is it ever going to be enough?
I never thought that you would light that fire, I never thought that it would start.
but you left me, to burn into ashes. All that there is left is smudged fingerprints, that are left in my torn heart.

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 5, 2009 at 7:36 am
This is so amazing, and I agree with SilverDawn, I especially love the smudged fingerprints part.
I hope your heart is a little more mended since your breakup.
Great job!

mallory14 replied...
Sept. 5, 2009 at 10:44 am
Thanks a lot for the comment, yeah he told me that he loved me and he dumped me shortly after, but i am moved on, and thanks for the comments ill check out your poetry:)

SilverDawn said...
aww, i feel for you ); good little rhymes though and nice idea about the fingerprints (: keep writing~