Shadow of a Dream | Teen Ink

Shadow of a Dream

By INvertigo BRONZE, Saratoga, California
INvertigo BRONZE, Saratoga, California

It's late I stand alone shivering under the cold light of the stars they glare down at me like a million eyes daring me to look away but I can not tear my self from the heavens I feel as if torn from the womb of the universe once she was a loving mother and protector now she is a stranger to me threatening my very existence and allowing me a glimpse of what could have been only to bar me from it for all eternity how could something be so beautiful and yet so cruel how could she do this to me earth who’s love once knew no boundaries to deprive me of the slightest hope to deny me my only chance of salvation why let me live when there can be no purpose of living death’s nothingness might be a happy contrast to this emptiness so why not die and yet I know that I cannot die I cannot bear to leave the empty shadows of my dreams long faded by the absence of faith I must continue into the darkness steal glances at the stars and gaze up into what could have been

OMG THIS IS LIKE THE MOST FREAKING AWESOME PARAGRAPH I HAVE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE I WISH I COULD MEET THE AUTHOR BECAUSE THEN ALL MY LIFE AMBITIONS WOULD BE MET