My heart | Teen Ink

My heart

My heart it's diffrent. It's pumping and all,but it's always in pain. I don't know how,but believe me I know why. It's because of you.
You were the one who has broken me beyond repair ,I'm only 13 and I'm feeling depressed. I can remeber the very first thing you said to me when my mother first broght me home from the hospital after I was born."Hey kid you're cute ,but I don't love you because you are not mine." It didn't even matter that I had absolutely no idea about what you were saying ,because you just stuck around just to break me some more. You never loved me ,You were never proud of me. I actully follow my heart that's in pain it's telling me that my life to you is the nothing you help make. I bet im your one regret in the world. You are my dad no matter if we like it or not. I can't help the fact that you are a sad poor unexceptable excuse for a father.
My heart is diffrent.It's pumping and all but it hurts so much to grow up knowing you as my father.

I actully wrote this poem when I was about 10 or 11 and I guess that I wrote this poem about my dad because he was never around for me. Never has he not once said he was proud.This is just a really emotional and personal poem for me.