Being Indifferent

Pass by him
walk faster
look straight ahead
do not smile
say no words
as if you didn't see
Keep your head up
keep moving forward
Swiftly, indifferent
Cast your eyes
from his face
Feign disinterest,
pretend not to care.
Believe your lies too
Unless you convince yourself,
you'll never convince him.

Like*Whoa!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is really good, because everyone can relate to it:) and it is very well written [oh my goshh i sound like a teacher!] great job:)

<3

SilverDawn said...
wow, really good poem! so true too. i'm sure everybody has been in that situation before and yuo worded it very nicely. greak work! (:

xXFadedFlowerXx said...
Really nice poem, I've been in that situation before and it is pretty awkward. You're a great writer. Thanks for commenting on my poem "Dead Flowers" by the way! :)

Lonleydandy said...
Jul. 13, 2009 at 12:34 am
I really liked this poem...I am sort of in the same situation. I wanted to check this one out because you recommended it to me when you looked at one of mine. [Thanks for that by the way, you should try some of my other poems...you might like them...but I don't want to make any assumptions] It was really good!

cree8ive said...
thanks. it's actually about this guy who found out i liked him, and his locker was across the hallway from mine. so i saw him after school everyday, and i'd pretend not to notice him, because i didn't know how to face him. thanks again for the comment! i'll be sure to check out some of your work.

booksarelife4me said...
I don't know why but this really drew me in. Nice poem.