Soccer Ball Juggling Recipe | Teen Ink

Soccer Ball Juggling Recipe

By elinovy SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
elinovy SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Ingredients: 

Soccer Ball

Cleats/shoes(optional)

Flat open space

1 enthusiastic learner(you)

Instructions:

Step 1: Preparation is necessary when it comes to anything. To be able to juggle a soccer ball you will need to be in some comfortable, easy to move in clothing. After you are situated with that matter, you must ensure the space you plan on juggling is safe and open. You don’t want to injure yourself due to a bad environment so make sure that you are sure you have adequate room wherever you plan on juggling.

Step 2: Warming up is crucial for almost everything. We warm up our cars, brains, muscles, everything! So don’t take this step as a skippable step. Warming up is a necessity and the best things to help yourself, would be stretching and getting the blood flowing by warming up the muscles. This is also very helpful for injury prevention…

Step 3: The basics are always fundamental for anything you try. Start by dropping the ball on the ground. As it is bouncing, use the bottom of your preferred foot; get under the ball with the top part of your foot (dorsum) or the inside of your foot (plantar fascia) as the ball descends from the maximum height. Repeat the process of this using both feet and using different parts of your feet to keep the ball from hitting the ground. You can use your feet not only to kick it up, but forward, backward, or side to side.

Step 4: Control of the ball is what matters the most. If you have a high-horsepower car and can’t control it there is no fun in it is there? Controlling where you want the ball to go, how high, and how far, is all very crucial to mastering the element of juggling. Start to not only use your feet, but thighs, shoulders, head, chest, and anything but your hands to keep the ball airborne but also in control. 

Step 5: Practice makes perfect, as every math teacher has ever said. With skill, comes lots of practice. Every day practicing for 30 minutes will help you get better at juggling and allow you to advance your ball skills. So repeat this process and keep practicing until you can do it with your eyes closed.

I first started by going to Jaxon (a soccer player) about how to juggle. I am a hockey player who honestly needs the skills for the future, especially going into juniors. I gained enough information from Jaxon myself that I just had to compose something that could help others learn how to juggle. Because to me, it is a party trick I want to be able to show my kids. Jaxon has played soccer just about his whole life, and he wants to share a lifetime's worth of information with the world.