stop and listen

The cries of our lost ones are silenced to death's own ambitions.
We must stop and listen to our souls, only then will we understand the angony of the world.
we must stop and listen to our hearts so that we can better ourselves.Without understanding our emotions we will fade away like a distant comet.The darkness in our inner being will be exposed to the world leaving bliss and damnation.we must stop and listen to the pleads of those who need guidance and a friendly shoulder to lean on in times of sadness.we must stop and listen to the cheers and applaudes of those who appreciate our own existance and love us for us and not for what we dream of becoming.We must stop and listen to our last heart beat when we leave this tortured world so that we won't become lost in our unaccomplished dreams that drifted away for our hungry hands of undeniable hope, then will we understand the true meaning of destiny.

PerfectMGymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i agree with jeangrey with this poem!! but it's still very good and you are very talented!! :)

JeanGrey said...
This poem is okay. I am not sure what you are aiming at, what your goal was emotionally in this poem.
In poems like these you should stay away from larger, more powerful words like "d*mnation" and keep the vocabulary simpler. The more simple and emotional charged, the more people can relate and understand what you are getting at. It is good though. Just work on it. :) Very promising.

JeanGrey said...
This was okay. In this poem I am not sure what you are aiming at. There is no clear pattern. Sometimes big words like " damnation " do not improve the poem. Keeping it simple but emotional is what you should work on with this one. Otherwise, good job! I like your other poems!