Just Because This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Just because I love being with you
Doesn't mean I have plans to stick around
Just because I think you're cool
Doesn't mean I'll heed all your advice
Just because you're beautiful to me
Doesn't mean I am willing to be your slave
Just because you're so damn funny
Doesn't mean you're the reason I always smile
Just because I put up with your silly mind games
Doesn't mean I'm oblivious to who you really are
And just because I like you so much
Doesn't mean I've fallen in love.
Don't misunderstand my friendship,
Never underestimate my feelings,
I won't get hurt all over again.

LifeLeaderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 2 at 8:05 pm
Your poem flows perfectly and I like how direct your statements are. Each feeling is backed by a description and the whole poem is relatable at several levels. It's great!

catcat101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 30 at 5:24 pm
I love this poem so much! It's so beautifully written, and describes the perfect emotions! =)

SherlocklivesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 30 at 4:32 pm
Holy crap. Thank you for writing this poem! It captured the perfect emotion and it is a wonderful, wonderful poem. VERY good. 5/5 :)

BananaGram said...
Very good, and accurate! Relationship poems are some of the hardest to write because of the emotion, but you nailed it! Nice job!

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
can i just say that you perfectly captured exactly what im going through right now!!?? Fantastic work

awestriking said...
I can completely relate to this! Great job capturing common human emotion.

AudreyW said...
I loved this poem. Everyone can relate to it somehow.

remember16 said...
Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:42 am
this reminds me of my ex boyfriend i fallen inlove with and he hurt me so bad, i can rleate to this and im sure a lot of other people can goodjob! you should check out some of my poetry.

katherinetwizzee said...
This reminds me of my ex-boyfriend. I fell in love with him, and this explains the emotion i still have.

lligwock said...
Oct. 28, 2008 at 3:28 am
I really like this too, almost everyone can relate to this at some point or another.

TaroPig said...
I love this poem. :] Keep it up. I can really relate to this.