Irony This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The shards of glass littered the cold, black asphalt
like sparkling stars strewn across the night sky.

Their brilliance catching the corner of my eye,
making me slow down, just to look at them a little longer.

In my awe of the sheer beauty of merely broken glass,
I couldn't help but think

How someone else's tragedy
could be so beautiful to me.

MendTheBrokenx3 said...
May 1, 2011 at 10:49 am

This Was Really Good..!

Keep Up The Good Work.. c:

SweetbeanieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this piece so much!  The last two lines are the best and really left me going, "Wow."  I'd love to read more from you!

super_nerd This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 9, 2011 at 10:41 am

Wow this is incredible...lol I read it to my sister even. I love how you first describe magnificently the beauty...and then at the end evoke an emotional response. I almost felt guilty at the end. Your thoughts transcend the simplicity of the poem. Great job!

P.S. I would love it if you found the time to comment on my stuff..."Morals" "Sickness" and "My Mother's Cooking." :)

Laurennnn said...
Apr. 9, 2011 at 12:43 am
Wow, this is really good. Simple. True poetry. You held to Frost's quote: "Say the most you can in the fewest words possible." Truly beautiful.

nikkiee said...
Love this!!! :) Check out my work??

claudiathewho This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very simple and beautiful.

fadingaway1324 said...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 9:54 am
very nice. short and to the point

springdance said...
Nov. 28, 2010 at 11:31 am
This is really good. It makes me sad, wondering what happened to break the glass.

SeptemberCrew This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 7, 2010 at 6:19 am

This is an excellent piece. The two final lines added a surprising, yet fitting insight. You have a gift for perspective!

-- the authoress of "to my future spouse"

brax34 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i really like this poem! it kinda reminds me of the lyrics to funny the way it is by dave mathew's band

dynastysd replied...
I completely agree with brax34, and that's a good thing because I love that song

MelanieLouise This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

love love love. great writer :)

keep writing

Always, Mel

momentofweakness. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this was terrifyingly beautiful in its meaning. the ending really completed the poem; great job! (:

xovanillatwilightxo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is amazingly beautiful.i love the mesage it conveys. check out my work?im new here so comments and ratings are much appreciated:)

anythingandeverything said...
this is absolutely beautiful. so bittersweet. excellent word choice and descriptions.

sparkofheart said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 11:42 am
thats really good i love it

Rulesofmyown said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 10:03 am
that is sooo good, really the idea is great, keep it up, maybe see some of my work:) thanks

waywithwords said...
Absolutely beautiful :) Keep writing!

funnythewayitis said...
so beautiful. i love how the meaning behind it doesn't hit you over the head if you understand what i mean. thats something im trying to work on in my own writing. you've got a gift!

gelpen94 said...
wow ur really good....i posted some poems but they're never this good. I wish my poems couls be like this.