Irony This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The shards of glass littered the cold, black asphalt
like sparkling stars strewn across the night sky.

Their brilliance catching the corner of my eye,
making me slow down, just to look at them a little longer.

In my awe of the sheer beauty of merely broken glass,
I couldn't help but think

How someone else's tragedy
could be so beautiful to me.

Boj95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this!  interesting thought!

CTS207 said...
I can see why this was published, terrific imagery, and a fitting title. Well done

KylieKollmeier This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really love those last two lines. :)

Joshua C. said...
Nov. 1, 2012 at 11:51 am
This is a beautiful poem i would love to read more of your poetry.

ChobaniLuvinPenguin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 1, 2012 at 9:50 am
This is a beautiful and touching poem. It flows well and is easy to understand. The last two lines are especially moving and memorable. Great job!!!! Keep writing!!!

JaneDoe_ said...
It really is beautiful and simple.

AquaRevThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 18, 2012 at 9:28 am
I rather like this

jenniedepoet said...
it's a really beautiful poem(:

AnimalNatureGirl said...
Awesome poem!!! Check out my stuff!

NathanB said...
Wow I love it, please check out my stuff.

Ravenfall1020 said...
Jan. 20, 2012 at 11:59 am
very unique, i like it :)

youngspeare said...
Dec. 7, 2011 at 1:50 am
mind-blowing! Cheers, keep up the good work. P.s it's not just beautifullyt written, it's so relatable. :)
Check out my poem "Ghosts of the Past" and rate/comment? Would really appreciate it!

Ardnekcm said...
Absolutely wonderful. I'm using it in my english presentation tomorrow, all credit given to you of course. It'll go perfectly with what I'm presenting. :)

Lola_Black said...
Hypnotizing. Fabulous work!

Lex2011 said...
This is AMAZING! I read it like 3 times. It moves me. Please check out my poem Dreams

dreamerz said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 10:43 am

Really great choice of words and just a very interesting poem altogether! I love it and I hope you write more!

For some reason I can't post comments under my screen name, ElleNicole... but I was wondering if you could give feedback to my poem, Change? It was just put on the website a few days ago. Thanks if you do!

WeAllBurn said...

wow. your words put me into a trance.

5/5

Ladylikeinquisition145 said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 2:30 am
Your comparisons really caught my attention. I could really appreciate the way you brought your central idea full circle, in the end explaining why you find such simplicities so mesmerizing. Very adept. I very much enjoyed this piece.

DreamerofFear said...

i can totally feel what u r puttin down its mesmerising im in love with the idea

tesswards32 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
excellent word choice! this piece is intricately beautiful