Summer | Teen Ink

Summer

By sunshine18 BRONZE, Huntington, Indiana
sunshine18 BRONZE, Huntington, Indiana

If you are really quiet you can hear it, the sweet sounds of summer. You know, the crickets singing to their mate, and the snap of a firecracker next door. If you close your eyes you can feel the touch of summer. Like a midday shower with the sun still out, and a rainbow appearing soon after. The butterfly's kiss upon your nose. If you breathe in deep enough you can smell summer. You can smell the fresh cut lawn, as your bare feet wrestle in it enjoying the feel of freedom or the lilaic bushes that are just blooming alongside the honeysuckle plants. But most of all, you can see it, you can see summer. The lighting bugs twinkling in the twilight. Stars poping up shortly after that look like pins hole letting light from Heaven escape.. Summer

on Oct. 7 2009 at 5:51 am
sunshine18 BRONZE, Huntington, Indiana
Thank you very much... i love your work too! keep writing

jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

LOVE IT!!! you described everything in summer so clear and vividly it left me with a perfect picture of my summer activites. well done :) comment on some of my work, and please keep writing!