you can't say I never wrote you a poem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The days have anchors tethered to them, as do
the corners of my mouth and my eyelids
and my hopes. You turned me into an
addict, my lips chapped, my eyes
rimmed with raccoon rings and three hours
worth of sleep. This coffee is nicotine and you
are my cocaine, you are
a fine white dust that disappears
and settles on my insides. I wonder
why and how you consume me, what about you
is so outstanding, so worth destroying
who I am for you. I wonder, if a taxi
ran me over, left its skid marks on my skin,
trampled my teeth and bones and skull,
would they call your house, would you
answer your phone, would they
tell you the truth, would you
pause or stutter, would you
grip the phone tighter, would you
ask them to repeat that, would you
listen as they analyzed my mutilated self, from
the bloodshot brown eyes to the
severed, painted toes, would you
drop the phone, drop to your knees and
pay me back in tears –
or would you say, the way you always do,
nothing, and hang up?

KatherineKilljoyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 17, 2012 at 9:31 am:
Amazing. 5 stars(:

Nessa13 said...
Jan. 17, 2012 at 7:46 am:
I absolutly LOVE this poem! It is so visual! It's amazing. there is so much anger and emotion in this short poem that it's amazing! 5 stars(:

otherpoet said...
Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:14 am:
Wow, this has such an amazing message. You can talk about something so full of anger, and make it sound almost like music. Beautiful.

Atlantis This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 1:41 am:

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! 

The flow is amazing.

Keep writing! 

ps. 5 stars (:

jmc.13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is fantastic. I love the natural flow and intensity without cliches. I felt the phone on my face. 

ramberryshakes said...

incredible . so so so incredible .

drop a comment on some of my work - you might like it .

Eilatan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 16, 2010 at 12:20 pm:
OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS SO INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

Dandelion said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 10:28 am:
I love the part about the raccoon eyes after three hours of sleep, and the way you elaborate on being run over by a taxi. It is just so bittersweet, so poignant, so perfect!

stopmotionscene This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 10:39 am :
thank you very much ! :D

JessAryn11 said...
Feb. 4, 2010 at 8:42 pm:
I absolutely love this poem with my whole heart! I read this the first time in the January mag during school and I had a line from it stuck in my head all day, so I had to come on to the website and find it!!! I've read it probably 20 times now and it is soo amazing!! Thank you for writing this amazing poem!!!

Feb. 7, 2010 at 3:33 pm :
wow, thank you so much ! i'm really glad you liked it. that means the world to me. :D

EleanorRigbysGospelofPeaceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. This is amazing. Very, very good. You obviously put thought into it, but you didn't write it with the cliche, deep, profound feelings that most poems have. It had a bitterness to it that was edgy and unique. I love this poem.

Jan. 8, 2010 at 5:57 pm :
wow, thank you! such a kind, thoughtful comment. I'm so glad you liked this poem. (:

dreamer_believerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow. what a deep poem, i really like it. you did a great job writing it. the content is very scary but very very good :) well done! comment on some of my work please, i wuld love your opinion. well done on this piece!

Paige M. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 5, 2010 at 9:45 pm :
thank you so much. that means a lot to me.