A Piece of Me

Everything I write,
Contains a piece of me,
Shining extra bright,
In my poetry,

My love and my pain,
My hopes and dreams,
Over and over again,
I explore these themes.

Poetry is emotion,
Written out,
No restraint or caution,
On what you write about.

So when you read my poetry,
Treat it like you would treat me.

iWriteToExpressThouqhts said...
this is really good , and is well written! keep it up . please check out and rate some of the work I've done :) thanks

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

i love this poem, it tells of what the very essance of poetry is, and that to truly get the meaning in the words, you must convey the emotions behind the words, your writing has greatly improved since i read your first poem, keep it up, you should think about putting together a book of your poems to be published, you would make it there, just keep writing, and never stop five of five

Rosalie said...
Jan. 26, 2010 at 5:39 am
i love this!

EdytD said...
Neat! I really like the idea, and I think with a bit more graphic imagery this poem could go a long way. If you make your ideas physical objects, for example, it would really seem to be, literally, a "piece of you." Great job!

I'd love if you took a look at my work; thanks!

ErumK said...
I love the last two lines, really show how much you love poetry. Do you ever write stories?

Inkspired replied...
Yes, I do! I have two posted right now!

Zero_Kiryu This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is awesome, it really shows how it feels to write poetry. (Thanks for the comment!)
ZERO