Catholic School Girls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Born with a silver spoon
later used to freebase heroin
Boredom and cynicism catalyze the
rec-room adventures in little plaid skirts
and mary jane (shoes).
Volleyball practice is eased by meth
and you don't mind doing it
when you can blame it on GHB.
White-lace trimmed socks
white, minimally buttoned blouse
white lacey bra
stares at the white face of a teacher
who can't stop staring
or blushing the colour of their
Pink Mini Coopers
with roxy decals
that take them away
to glittery raves
and beach-house parties
Older men buy them fruity drinks
that sting with more
than citric acid.
They put the little umbrellas behind their ears
giggle, and sensually, purposely flick their tongues
across the full lips
sweetened with vanilla-flavoured gloss.
They are in full comprehension of the power
of their developing sexuality.
They escape from realities that are not harsh
with (cherry) coke-laced laughs and
brain cells that pop like bubble gum.

fireandrain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm sorry, but are you Catholic? I am, and am extremely offended by this. Most Catholic schoolgirls practice their religon and are not that. (referring to your baltently rude and innacurate poem)

HorseLover said...
May 21, 2011 at 6:47 am
I think this was well written, but I have to disagree with your opinion. Girls who go to cathlic schools are the same as girls in other private schools or in public schools--they just go to a different school!

EllieGrace said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 6:26 am
In my opinion, If you are going to make fun of something, make it funny. This wasn't amusing at all though. You seem talented, but with this poem, no one is going to notice. They will be too offended to care.

treegirl93 said...
Not all people who go to Catholic schools are rich. I go to an all girls school and most of our parents are working class, those who have cars are hand- me- down vans. A great majority of us aren't stuck up or drug addicts. Although there are a few bad apples you should really check your facts before making such harsh statements.

artofthedeath said...
Dec. 28, 2008 at 4:20 am
I myself am also a Catholic School girl- or I was one. Now I go to public school. But, I am Catholic. We are not strippers. I find this offensive.

Dragonscribe replied...
Yes! And we're not all rich! My family is middleclass and I don't get everything I want, and my brain cells don't pop like bubble gum - I get straight As!

lovethoseplaidskirts said...
Aug. 31, 2008 at 7:10 am
personally, i think this is offensive and completely wrong.
I am a catholic school girl and I am not at all like what this says. My school-like all other private schools has a strict dress codes and has a Zero-tolerance policy. If you get caught smoking so much as a ciggarette you can be expelled. The parking lots are not filled with pink mini coopers and we button our shirts up all the way.

I understand this is a creative work but it is cruel. I go to a catholic school bec... (more »)