Why I Hate The Snow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I HATE snow
It turns the sky ordinary gray
The gray of that too-tight sweater that I yanked over my face to keep me warm
When my face was gray from that fever I got from going outside on that day snow turned the sky gray.
Snow lies
It's white, scintillating sparkles give us a false impression of a clean untainted world
And when warmer weather rides in on the spring breeze the snow cowers and runs away down storm drains, exposing the dead grass and withered flowers that were once Easter egg pink.
Snow kills plans. Layer and layer and layer fall, burying roads and suffocating and chances of chilling I have with friends
In stuffy basements where we take the weight off our feet on itchy sofas
and take the weight off our hearts sharing secrets while waiting for something to come on TV.
So I sit here looking out.
Lazy clouds too tired to carry the burden of those mischievous flakes get ready to put the icing on the slice of mudpie I call Congers.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:40 am:
Though I abolutely LOVE snow and winter and rain, I also love the way you expressed yourself here. It is a very good poem. COngratulations on getting published! Totally deserved it.

Manisha said...
 l loved your poem, it totally sums it up on this first miserable day of snow in London!

MadyBoo said...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 8:50 am:
Love It! Really Expresses How You Feel :)