My Heart, Sir This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

police!
yes, ma'am?
I've had something stolen, sir.
what?
my heart, sir.

a dark-haired boy
who likes blue pixie sticks
and puts peanut butter
on ice cream.

hmm, I see. the thief.

on a cool night
after a school play and
an instant before
love's first kiss,

the scene of the crime …

found it in the grass,
lying soft and exposed,
to be crushed or held
by this boy,

and then the theft?

so he turned it
over in his hand
and holds it now, but I
fear its demise.

yes, I see, ma'am.
but unfortunately,
police don't recover
stolen hearts.

well, I suppose
that's good, sir. because,
you see, I think I stole
his heart, too.

TrishDestiny said...
Oct. 7, 2014 at 7:44 am
This is definitely exceptionally amazing! I love the idea of the stolen hearts and the way you play with the plots. Not only that it is wonderfully written, I particularly how'd you ended it!

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Aww :)

I love the angle in which you wrote the poem from!

..beautiful...imperfection... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thanks! (:

ellie75 said...
I really enjoyed reading this. I liked how you ended it. Very good, I hope to read more of your work!

Thanks! I hope you like the rest of it too. (:

D_Beauty said...
Nov. 12, 2010 at 8:51 am
Aww...I thought this was kinda cute and  humorous. 

thank you :D

TomsDiner said...
This was okay, but I really suggest you proofread before you post next time. Capitalization and punctuation issues tend to bother the educated reader. It seems like you just wrote this down and submitted it five all in five minutes. However, I think the through line is perfectly developed and you certainly have some raw creativity.

TomsDiner replied...
Sorry, dear! I wrote the word five in there twice! Anyways, keep posting. I'm interested in what else you can come up with.

thanks (: when I wrote that, it wasn't my style to capitalize. I realize it's pretty amateur. most of my recent poetry is capitalized though (: I can't promise I'll care enough to do everything proper in comments though (: