The Last Poem I'll Ever Write About You

No one makes me smile
the way you always have
No one causes me
so much heart ache
No one's smile
is quite like yours,
Nor anyone's laugh
No one else
Made me wish on a shooting star
No one else left
Without a good-bye
or one last glance
No one else's parting words
were as painful to hear as yours
You just being yourself
Me freaking out from the inside out
No one else does this to me
Consistently causing insanity
No one else just let me go
I guess I wasn't much to you
But you were everything to me
And that's what anyone
That reads my poems would see
But I'm telling you now,
I'm letting go
Because
No one else is you.

Ashle N. said...
Everybody is going to tell you that your poem relates to everybody at one point.But everyone looks at your poem differently and thats why its so unique. What I want to tell you is that I think your poem reaches me on such a deep level. No really knows what love is and you show how we go through relationships so many times to find the one good one. And thats hard. Thanks for writing this because, a poet like you should keep writing. :)

camille_1441 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I had a breakup a lot like yours, it's nice to see things that I felt in written form. Good job! P.S. Thanks a millionx10 for the comment on Tears! =)

kookymnstr said...
Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:27 am
I so can relate to that. so so much...

Teenqueen said...
Jul. 4, 2009 at 10:06 am
hey..ur poem isnt silly at all..its really nice:)Even i find poems the best way to convine myself to get over someone.can you plz read my poem??its along the same lines..thnx!

Matt R. said...
Jul. 4, 2009 at 2:04 am
This was a very moving poem. It depicts a situation that most everyone finds themselves in at one point or another. A situation in which they must let go, even if they are determined to hold on out of love. I broke up wth my first serious girlfriend the same way, and it's not silly to feel this way. :)