She Felt the Music

She saw the lightning
Cutting the sky like a knife
Piercing lonely hearts

She saw the model
Intrigued by her grace and looks
Envy in her eyes

She felt the sorrow
Marooned, without an escape
Trapped, in love and hate

She felt the horror
Paranormal acts
Lights flickering on and off

She heard the wailing
Of all the people who lived
Wading toward her

She heard the music
Melody forming at heart
Dancing with passion

She heard the voices
Screaming with joy and encore
She felt the music

In her feet, she twirled
Taking a bow and curtsy
She felt the music

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so so so beautiful with great imagry and personification and imagination! My favorite stanza is "She heard the music/Melody forming at heart/Dancing with passion" but it was a tough choice of faves b/c the entire poem is great! Fantasitc work!

calephchad said...
I love this one. I read it because I'm a music freak. Haha. I just love your use of words. This is such a beautiful Great job.

Wolfayne said...
This is a beautiful poem. Its one of my fave ones, and I'd be surprised if any girl out there disliked it.

Please look at my poetry and short stories. It would mean a lot if you did.

NascentNovelist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 18, 2009 at 1:33 am
Oh my. I love this one. I've always wanted to capture the power of music and I feel that you've done very well with that here. Keep up the good work.

Jennaaa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The sensory details in your piece are fantastic. i'm impressed!

alayapoetgirl said...
Jul. 30, 2009 at 4:19 am
I like this poem. You used great wording...

His-Bright-Green-Eyes... said...
It is really beautiful. I loved it sooo much!

Gwen S. said...
This is a very beautiful poem.

BeccaBlue826 said...
love it! thanks for commenting on my poems too...i never thought it would feel so good for someone to say my poems had deep emotions... but wow...i love this poem...im going to read the rest of them! ;3

amyxu said...
This is beautiful!

camille_1441 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey I wanted to thank you for all the comments you left on my pieces! I really am so grateful when people here take the time to not only read my work but give feedback on it.

Your poem is really lovely about a girls reflection on the world around her and her mind and body's reaction to it. Keep writing!