Never Like You

Like I'm invisible
Not seen by the aspect of one's eyes
Blending in with the stormy skies
Transparent; clearly undefined
Like I'm invisible

Like I'm rebellious
Resisting the urge to be a saint
Authority words begin to faint
Defiance in a world I paint
Like I'm rebellious

Like I'm drolly
Odd in some kind of way
Weird in actions I like to play
Whimsical qualities simply decay
Like I'm drolly

Like I'm liable
Responsible for my commitments
Legally obligated for resentment
Susceptible; poorly presented
Like I'm liable

Like I'm gullible
Like I'm stupid
Like I'm wrong
Or likely to be right

Anyway
I will never be
Like you

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i had to go look up drolly cuz i completely missed that it was an adverb form of droll. i feel stupid. but this was awesome!!! once again, i loved loved loved the rhyme!!

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love, love, love how you repeat your first line in the first four stanzas but then you change for the last two stanzas. My fave stanzas are the last two because they are good clenchers! Great work! 5 stars!

tbkeleli said...
GREAT POEM. this really deserves to be published. excellent. i love the rhyme scheme.

calephchad said...
This poem is amazing. I love the style in this one. You're rhym form in this poem is just so unique and I absolutely love it! My favourite stanza is the one that begins with "Like I'm rebellious", and the ending is just incredible. I won't even start to attempt to try to explain how those last two paragraphs made me feel. By the way, thanks for commenting on my poems. This one is a definite 5 out of 5. I love it! Great job.

His-Bright-Green-Eyes... said...
It could be a song you just need a chorus. It was beautiful.

Nathaniel said...
Jul. 1, 2009 at 4:41 am
Nothing short of pure excellence!

Evvyon said...
The change in rhyme scheme adds power to the ending. Very deep, I like this poem immensely!

write4life_0912 said...
This is amazing!! Its soo sophisticated!!! Very deep! Nice

Courtney B. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 24, 2009 at 1:26 am
I enjoyed this poem.
Defiance in a world I paint- was my favorite line.
Great job =]

camille_1441 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
oooh I like this one, it's very powerful so the fact that the end doesn't rhyme is okay because it's a statement ment to be simply put after a poem that's very complex. Great work!