Mother May I...

Mother may I remember you?
Of the six years I have known you
Of the times I have shown you
Disobedience
But never defiance
Of the times I have loved you
Tenderly
But never hate

Mother may I thank you?
For the pain you endured
For the trouble I have caused
In your life
For making sacrifices
For being there
Since you left

Mother may I grieve for you?
At your grave here today
At your tomb here today
Mommy?
May I recall?
May I talk to you?
Can you hold me once again?
Will I ever see you again?
Breathe in your presence
Breathe in your spirit
Live on to show you?
How I've grown?
Mother may I

Never forget you?

just me said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 2:59 am
I think about your mother  my sister every day, I love her and so she loved you with all my heart, shes in your heart and as long as your heart beats shes there.

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
this is so beautiful. im so sorry 4 ur loss. i cant even imagine ever losing my mom. plz keep writingg

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
ok, this one is my new favorite. it's really touching and emotional, but those words don't even begin to describe how deep it is and how much you were hurting when you wrote it

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So so so beautiful. I lost my mother too. Poetry is def. a great outlet, I'd love it if you would check out the poems I wrote about my mom. Anywho, whether you decide to or not, this is a great poem, beautiful and full of feeling and emotion. 5 stars and a fave!

LilJ<3 said...
this litterally made me want to cry...it is so beautiful and tender and something so personal to share....I am so sorry for your loss....reading this makes me want to be better to my mom.....please keep writing...you have a gift of words :) (thanx for commenting on my stuff I appreciate it : ) ).

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much! and you're welcome

tbkeleli said...
Dec. 26, 2009 at 9:58 am
great poem. its sad, but very touching.

Brndi_Marie said...
i feel the same way about my mom... this really touches me... great job!!

camille_1441 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm so sorry for your loss, I can completely understand how it feels when you write while crying, like the emothions come out with them. This is the best poem you have written on here so far, it's beautiful, heartbreaking and gental. It's a lovely piece

iWrite. said...
I really like this. I can feel the emotion. Keep up the good work! ;]