Remember This? | Teen Ink

Remember This?

By Katie Staynings BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey
Katie Staynings BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey

I am from that long street by Plainfield,/ From Nebraska to California to Texas to New Jersey,/ I am from many homes and Southern and English accents,/ I am from Nintendo 64 and Gameboy Color,/ From Pokemon games to the Legend of Zelda,/ From dancing in pretty costumes and ALOT of makeup,/ To just standing there pouting until I got my way,/ I am from dogs barking at everything and cats rolling on the sidewalk,/ To my cat laying on the pavement in the middle of the road,/ Knowing that he would never come back.// I am from Blues Clues, Powerpuff Girls, Teletubbies, and Sailor Moon,/ Wishing that I wouldn't grow up too soon./ I am from tornadoes destroying the backyard and watching thunderstorms on the porch,/ One one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand, four, BOOM!!/ I am from trying not to eat the yellow snow and frying eggs on the sizzling ground,/ From getting stitches to falling down the stairs,/ From oops, blonde moments, to tripping over nothing./ I may have not been the brightest crayon in the box, but I'm definately not the dullest.// I am from chasing people on the playground,/ To running with my team on the lacrosse field,/ From old friends lost and new ones made,/ I am from crushes and being crushed,/ from visiting Grandma in California every summer since I was born,/ I am from the tears shed when she had passed,/ From hospital visits everyday to visiting dad in Vermont,// So many moments that I wish I could relive again,/ Others I just wish never even happened, / Life goes on and I am going to live it out loud / There will be bad times and good times, / But we'll see what happens on my little cloud.//