The Apple Falls Far From the Tree | Teen Ink

The Apple Falls Far From the Tree

By Jennifer Tercek BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey
Jennifer Tercek BRONZE, South Plainfield, New Jersey

I am from the winding road of Worth Drive,/ From the crispy green lawn and beautiful garden,/ I am from the poolside parties and the backyard BBQ's,/ From the dogs and bunnies and hamsters,/ I am from the playground with the slide,/ From the bright blue walls and pink breadspread,/ I am from the Big Comfy Couch and Teletubbies,/ From the warm summer nights,/ I am from the beach house and ice cream parlors,/ Sitting, waiting to be filled with fun and laughter once again.// I am from Italy and Czechoslovakia,/ From Scotland and Hungary,/ I am from JFK hospital in Edison,/ From the classroom filled with blocks,/ I am from the ABC carpet and pictures and crayons,/ From the Jonas Brothers poster and Twilight books,/ I am from the polka dot pillows and little fabric dolls,/ From the I Love You This Much book read to me before i sleep.// I am from the gold mirror and fake flowers,/ From the Christmas dresses and Grandma's house,/ I am from morning vitamins and iced tea,/ From CCD classes and middle school graduations,/ I am from uv and peanut butter,/ From the dinner table and doll houses,/ Occupied with barbies Paige and I used to enjoy.// My memories fill my head,/ Floating around reminding me of the good 'ol times,/ Never forgotten and always looked back upon,/ Making room for the new thoughts/ Of my bright and hopeful future.//

de-Joisey said...
on Oct. 10 2009 at 6:40 pm
de-Joisey, South Plainfield, New Jersey

"People are stupid, a person is smart."

Woohoo Teletubbies!