My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

October 12, 2022
By 4torres BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4torres BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The name Torres reminds me of all that has come before me and all that will come after me. My name reminds me of the heritage I have come from and that I will pass down. The name Torres reflects power, and trust. It is important that everyone in the family feels they are trusted and taken care of, my family is close. But some are closer than others.


My heritage starts in Puerto Rico, where my great great grandfather and his two brothers produced sugar to make money for their family to move to America. Once they got here, they settled in San Diego, California. Once my dad was born and grown up, he moved to Wisconsin with my mom. They met in college, where they had me and my sister and brothers. He lost all contact with his parents and Wisconsin is where their whole family was. 


It reminds me of my dad’s side of the family. It reminds me of the Puerto Rican side. It reminds me that I am not alone, I have my brothers and sisters that I am very close with to help me through everything.


The name Torres reminds me of family all the good memories that I have with them. Like the cruise that I went on with my family, and all other family vacations. All of the fun holidays together.


My last name reminds me of all the good things that has happened to me in my life. if it werent for the Torres family I would not be where I am today.


I do not come from a family with a lot of money, but with the money we do have, we spend it wisley and save it. Not coming from a family with money has taught me many things about how to deal with my money and having to do some things that maybe other kids do not have to do.


Not a single Torres has gone to college and I want to  be the first to change that and be the first to go to college, 


When I think Torres, I think hard-working, durable and many other good things. I think of me.