Whose To Say What Age Really Is? | Teen Ink

Whose To Say What Age Really Is?

By lalala BRONZE, Clifton, New Jersey
lalala BRONZE, Clifton, New Jersey

Is age just really the number of years you have lived?
If so, I would be considerably young.
If life was measured out times I've spent with my friends i would be over 100 years old.
Life in the number of Dunkin Donuts white hot chocolates or coolatas would make me 26 years old.
I would be two years old for the number of friends that have died in my life.
About 500 would be my age if life was measured by the times I've said I don't care, when i did.
I would be 2 years old if life was measured for the number of years I wanted to be somewhere else.
Four would be my age for the number of years I've just wanted to be as good as my brother.
2912 nights would be me for the number of nights I wished my father would still kiss me goodnight.
If age was the number of laps I have swam in a pool I would be over one million years old.
If life was measured out in true best friends, I would be under 5 years old.
I would be 17 for the number of people I've known that died.
If life was measured out in the number of boyfriends I've told I loved, I would be one year old.
I would be one year old in the number of times I've told a boyfriend I loved them, and lied.
I would be 86 for the number of days I wished my life was different.
55 would be my age in the number of sunsets I've watched.
I would be over 20 for the number of friends that have come and gone in my life.
However, if life was measured out in friends I have gained, I would be over 101.
If life was measured out in the people that truly care about you, I consider myself very blessed in the high age I have.