censurable

strike one, strike two, strike three, you're out
your eyes are causing me to doubt
that it was Love this was about
come on, baby, let's not shout
I see the things you're hiding, honey
don't you laugh--it isn't funny
you're always trying to outrun the
unavoidable discovery

did you really think I wouldn't find out?

Luminosa said...
I've been there and done that before too, hunnie. Loved the rhyming, keep writing :)

michaela said...
Well if you look up "censure" in a dictionary, you'll see that it means "to criticize or judge as blameworthy." So I wrote this thinking of a boy who lied and cheated me, and I caught him, so that's why I called the poem that. It was actually very hard for me, finding a title that worked even that well.

bluejay31 said...
Awesome job! Keep it up. I really enjoyed was you were trying to portray! 5 stars! :)

Britrock said...
Thank you very much for the comment. Its fantastic to hear such positive feedback! :D
I guess I can't message you on here or anything, so thank you again.

Your poem makes me feel inspired.
The rhymes are incredible...
"your eyes are causing me to doubt
that it was Love this was about" Really reminds me of my latest ex.
He used me.. and when I was getting over the depressed stage of the break up, I reread this poem quite a bit. And it helped.<... (more »)

xXxFallingTearsxXx said...
Jul. 2, 2009 at 5:28 am
I really love your poem so i rated it a five. you are an amazing writer, but i agree with amyxu, i don't understand the title and how it fits with the poem but all in all, great writing!! i would really love it if you would check out one of mine too :)

amyxu said...
Wow you're right, we do have a lot in common!!!

Britrock said...
Jun. 19, 2009 at 2:04 am
Wow.. your poem reminds me of my past few weeks. Kudos. Your poem is incredible.

uniquefreak3000 said...
Jun. 18, 2009 at 12:41 am
Thanks, readers I'd appreciate a rating.
Leave a link to your poem and I'll rate yours in return.
♥♥

amyxu said...
Hey, I liked your poem. The first two lines were really catchy. I don't really get the name in relation to the content (I mean overall it makes sense, though). Good job! It would be great if you could review a few of my stories/poems.

Heather M. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
very deep cool