Child TO Adult

I am from my dada and mommy.
From a sickening J.F.K. Hospital to the the loving arms of my family.
I am from an old house with a pointy tree to a hammock between two skinny twigs on a grassy hill.
From playing Power Rangers on the dinning room table to laying upside down on the couch watching MTV.
I am from hearing my mom's nursey and lullaby songs to hearing J-POP and R&B music artists.

I am from being pinched by my grandparent's old hands to playful punches from fantastic best friends.
I am from celebrating Chinese New Year in bright red envelopes to partying all night with my crazy amazing best friends.
I am from teasing or being teased by my wonderful cousins to mature freshman at South Plainfield High.
I am reading "Arthur" books by Marc Brown to "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyey.

From home-cooked Vietnamese family meals to lonesome fast-food dinner on the huge lamella.
I am from wearing girly pink pajama outfits to awesome jeansthat my cousins lend me after The Great Snowfall War.
From dancing to Seasame Street songs with my hyper-active cousins to graduating five years of Pennstate or Columbia and living in a loft with two or three best friends or family members.

I am from tough times to happy moments.
From many hurtful tears to thousands of outstanding smiles.
I am from my first heartbreak to my cousin's hilarious pranks and jokes.
From family to friends.
Good people will always stick by your side.

Mayflower128 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 9:21 am
THis is really good but could benefit from some trimming and more descriptive language that explores a whole new plain of the developement from child to adult (I'm only 15, what do I know?)