Unexplained Phenomenon | Teen Ink

Unexplained Phenomenon

By RetardedHeart BRONZE, Indian Trail, North Carolina
RetardedHeart BRONZE, Indian Trail, North Carolina

"Let others lead small lives,but not you.Let others argue over small things,but not you.Let others cry over small hurts,but not you.Let others leave their future in someone elses hands,but not you. not you.
"-Jim Rohn

Can’t think….
My stomach hurts.
Wish I had motivation to actually do my school work.
Ever since I can remember I have been a procrastinator.
Thinking back to the second grade I remember sitting there with my homework in front of me feeling the same way I do now; only then my excuse was that I couldn’t read, when I knew I could.
Now I don’t even have an excuse.
It’s just an unexplained phenomenon that hinders me from completing my work even when every resource necessary is available to me.

Can’t think….
My head is swimming with unrelated thoughts.
Wish I had the ability to concentrate on any one thing.
Thinking back to church last week I remember sitting there with the preacher in front of me feeling the same way I do now; only then I was asking God to answer me why, when I knew only I could.
Now I haven’t got an answer.
It’s still just an unexplained phenomenon that hinders me from completing my work even when every resource necessary is available to me.

Can’t think….
My philosophical mind pauses.
Wish I had the insight to actually identify this hindrance.
Thinking back to when I started this passage I remember sitting there feeling the same way I will later; that I would never accomplish progress, when I know I will.
Now I have made progress.
But it’s still just an unexplained phenomenon that hinders me from completing my work even when every resource necessary is available to me.

I wrote this piece as an expression of the feelings that I have had all of my life that up until now I had not been able to figure out. Using this poem I was able to share my experiences involving this particular issue with my parents and guidance counselor more clearly. I have discovered this problem to be a similar one experienced by teenagers who suffer from a disorder called A.D.D. (Attention Deficit Disorder). I feel that students who have also experienced something like this will connect with this poem just as easily as peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth. I hope that you all enjoy reading it and might even use it to help express yourselves, too.