Stains of Blue This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Blue drips through the darkness of my dreams,
And trails through every word that spills onto my paper.
It dances through me and escapes into my vision.
The world turns as blue as my mind.
Green grassy meadows fade into oceans of endlessness,
And every face blurs as it dims into vague shades of nothing.
Yellow feelings are quickly erased as blue bleeds from my soul,
Destroying everything it dyes.
All signs of clarity are lost in this deep pool of reality,
And everyone is left swimming and gasping for what is left of the crisp

purple air.
Bright rosy shades of red and magnificent rainbows return only in

dreams now,
Which rarely visit.
But in time, such vivid colors are erased from even our dreams,
And the blueness fills every crack in the wall,
and every deserted room,
and every wondering mind.

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 4 at 10:15 am
This is aboslutely very beautiful and descriptive/vivid. I love that used colors, in your poem. In a way, I could connect to it a lot. I'm glad this is published in the magazine, and I wanted to say congrats! You deserve it. For this absolutely beautiful. I hope you know that you're wonderful writer and person. Thank you for sharing this! ^_^

taylorjonnelle said...
Mar. 17 at 1:27 pm
This is wonderfully relatable. Using blue to describe sadness makes your poem so much more vivid. Your writing flows so easily, I hope to see more of your writing on here! i much enjoyed this. great job. :)

Lizzy17 said...
I loved it. I liked how you used colors to describe emotion, making it easier for the reader to experience the essence of the poem in a whole new way. Great job.

RubythegemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 5, 2013 at 7:58 am
Vivid imagery. I can really imagine the world truning blue! Great poem!

Falloutstrong said...
This is amazing! I love how much the feelings you discribe with color is portrayed so clearly.