I Smile My Smile Beneath the Covers

My smile comes from him
From him comes my smile
My friend is all he is
I wish for more than this
For my laughter he brings out
He makes me laugh about
the little things in life
And so my smile comes tonight
as I think of no one other
I smile beneath the covers

kapella This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thank you wolffaery62 for reading my poem. It means a lot to me when others take the time to read my poetry. Thanks.

Thank you Jennnnnnn for your advice about my poem. I really appreciate you reading it. I have written other longer, more detailed poems but they're still up for review by the website. So once they go up please feel free to comment on them as well.Any advice is always welcome, thanks.

I'd really like to thank you jesus_freak_and_proud_of_it. Thank you for responding to my poem. It really means a lot to me, especially coming from a guy's point of view. Thank you for the encouragement and I have decided to tell him how I feel. So for everybody who's keeping track Wish me luck! Thanks again.

wolffaery62 said...
Jun. 12, 2009 at 3:19 am
i really loved your poem-!

jennnnnnn This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:50 am
this is a really simplistic but cute poem. with a little more creativity and practice, you could write a really really great poem.
good work :) comment back please!

Jesus_Freak_And_Proud_Of_It said...
Jun. 12, 2009 at 2:10 am
The most important things Are the things of this moment. So why worry about tomorrow When we can make the best of today? I really love this. It's absolutely amazing. I can't say that I know how you feel, exactly, because I haven't been through anything like that, but I have been close to many people that have been through it. I know it's hard, but you really have to find the courage to tell him how you feel. The thing about relationships is that, well, sometimes it works, sometimes ... (more »)

Thank you Jaquie rof your comment. It really means a lot to me when others read and comment on my work. Also, thank you for the encouragement I'm glad you are hoping for me.Thank you for reading.

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. I hope he feels that way for you too! Because that was amazing! I absolutely loved it! It makes me want to weep, and cry, and squeal,like and obsessive fan-girl all at once! You have a real gift. This is truly one of the better pieces that I read on this site.... And well; I've read a lot. That was amazing! Keep writing!
God bless,
...,