What is love ? | Teen Ink

What is love ?

By Kelly SILVER, London, Other
Kelly SILVER, London, Other

Love. What is.. love?
Isit a bird, a plane or that feeling people always say they have?
''I love you'' why do people use that word in a sentence with such meaning all the time? Like it's nothing special?
Love is so beautiful and out of this world it's like your stepping into your own
galaxy with another.
Love is like a feeling so surreal sort of like meeting the queen tommorow or
winning the national lottery this week..
Love is like being in the freezing cold, with shivers running down your spine and bumping into the love of your life right there and then, then feeling a sudden warmth through your body.
Love is like feeling so empty inside and then falling for someone special that makes u feel so fulfilled.
Love is alot of beautiful things.
Love is great.
I mean i don't know. That's just what i've heard,
so i suppose i've got alot of waiting to do before i feel ''love'',
and i'm sure those who are reading this do to because if you didn't,
why would you be reading about love when you should know what it's all about if you've experienced ''love''?
Anways who knows what's in store for us, today, tomorrow or the next..
For all you know love could be waiting around the corner.
Love.

This piece of writing means alot to me and not because i've been in love or anything like that. it's just i've never really had a talent before or atleast a talent that has been ackknowledged. I wrote this poem because previously i wrote one poem before out of pure boredem and my friend thought it was brilliant and suggested i enter a competition to show my 'talent', so then i wrote another poem, this poem 'what is love' and i'm sure there are plenty of better poets out there than me but i would be so greatful to know that somebody out there that i don't know appreciates my work. Thanks if you do.

Kelly SILVER said...
Kelly SILVER, London, Other
Thank you !

That means alot and i appreciate you liking my poem.

Nicole Adjei said...
Nicole Adjei, London, Other
This is a beautifully optimistic hopeful view of love, I really like it.

NorthernStar said...
I really like this poem.Its positive and realistic without beng pesemistic,especialy seeing as it's from the view of someone that has only seen and heard but not yet felt love,eventhough love could have been seen in a darker light,it's an innocent positive poem.