It's Okay

IT’S OKAY (I’M LONELY)

VERSE 1
It’s okay to say I’m lonely.
Because I know it’s physical, to say I’m lonely.
And each day it’s hard to stay away, from you.
VERSE 2
It’s okay just listen to my song.
Don’t cry, cause there is no reason why.
And I don’t know how long it will be,
I won’t be gone.
VERSE 3
I love you, I’m lonely.
I love you, I’m lonely.
I can’t wait to see you again.
No I can’t wait to hear you again.
In the future, it’s okay, it’s okay, and it’s okay

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 4, 2009 at 12:04 am
I'm not a huge fan. OK doesn't seem... fit and all the repitition in such a short poemsong makes it sound like something you just jotted down. But the point/plot of it is good.

awesomeaugust This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
really sweet song

KICK3593 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
If anything, the word okay is one of the most disturbing words in the english language due to the ominous fact that it acquiesces...but to what? It is like a sort of Appeasement policy, where things are subject to change. Okay is a very shaky grounds for establishing any kind of bond. Did you ever read Cormac McCarthy's "The Road"? It's incredible in the fact that the two main characters, a father and child, talk and talk in short sentences to one another; they constantly say "okay" to eac... (more »)

Mead_ replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:13 am

I'm sorry I'm writting back to you 3 years later, I never went on this site and I'm just now getting more serious with writting. 

You have valid points, "okay" can be shaky and I know what you mean. This was my first writing. 

This was really meant to be comforting because she was always afraid of breaking up because of the distance or trust and what not.  So I told her everything will be okay and that when I see her again (which I never did) everyth... (more »)

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really good. I like how you made it into a song. Great job!

katy V. said...
Hey this is great, real nice, were did you learn to write like that?

Mead_ replied...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 2:06 am
Sorry I'm writting this 3 years too late, haha, but it's just what I felt and it came out. I write differently all the time.

SilverDawn said...
Jun. 3, 2009 at 12:38 am
This is pretty good and really sweet but i wish i could hear the rhythm somehow xD your girlfriend is lucky to have somebody to write songs for her (: