It's Okay | Teen Ink

It's Okay

By Mead_ BRONZE, Mission Viejo, California
Mead_ BRONZE, Mission Viejo, California

"Every artist was first an amateur"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

IT’S OKAY (I’M LONELY)

VERSE 1
It’s okay to say I’m lonely.
Because I know it’s physical, to say I’m lonely.
And each day it’s hard to stay away, from you.
VERSE 2
It’s okay just listen to my song.
Don’t cry, cause there is no reason why.
And I don’t know how long it will be,
I won’t be gone.
VERSE 3
I love you, I’m lonely.
I love you, I’m lonely.
I can’t wait to see you again.
No I can’t wait to hear you again.
In the future, it’s okay, it’s okay, and it’s okay

I made this for my girlfriend who moved to Washington.

Mead_ BRONZE said...
on Sep. 2 2011 at 2:13 am
Mead_ BRONZE, Mission Viejo, California

"Every artist was first an amateur"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm sorry I'm writting back to you 3 years later, I never went on this site and I'm just now getting more serious with writting. 

You have valid points, "okay" can be shaky and I know what you mean. This was my first writing. 

This was really meant to be comforting because she was always afraid of breaking up because of the distance or trust and what not.  So I told her everything will be okay and that when I see her again (which I never did) everything will be...okay. haha. 

So yeah I agree with you now that you point this out. And this was my first real writing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mead_ BRONZE said...
on Sep. 2 2011 at 2:06 am
Mead_ BRONZE, Mission Viejo, California

"Every artist was first an amateur"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry I'm writting this 3 years too late, haha, but it's just what I felt and it came out. I write differently all the time.

on Jun. 4 2009 at 12:04 am
MariaMarie DIAMOND, Washington Court House, Ohio

"Life's a mountain on a beach"-Unknown
"Will: This is either madness or brilliance. Sparrow: It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide."-Pirates of the Caribbean:Curse of the Black Pearl.

I'm not a huge fan. OK doesn't seem... fit and all the repitition in such a short poemsong makes it sound like something you just jotted down. But the point/plot of it is good.

awesomeaugust GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts

"Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground"
~Theordore Roosevelt

really sweet song

KICK3593 PLATINUM, Roslyn Heights, New York
If anything, the word okay is one of the most disturbing words in the english language due to the ominous fact that it acquiesces...but to what? It is like a sort of Appeasement policy, where things are subject to change. Okay is a very shaky grounds for establishing any kind of bond. Did you ever read Cormac McCarthy's "The Road"? It's incredible in the fact that the two main characters, a father and child, talk and talk in short sentences to one another; they constantly say "okay" to each other and the conversation is usually left off at that, not much accomplished; as the story progresses, the word "okay" is used less and less, and the father and son are able to work things out, even though they are still in a futuristic, ravaged wasteland of America.

All I'm saying is that "Okay" is a really shaky word; it tends to suggest falsity in a voice, and I don't know if you mean to create a vindictive or villainous character out of the narrator, but I feel a very pessimistic vibe out of the last line.

"Okay" can be a comforting word, but when used too much, you have to understand that there is little to no progression.

Please comment back on this page. I'd like to know what other sort of intentions and feelings you might have had writing this. I'd rate this, but I don't really know the direction in which it's heading. Get my drift?

Oh by the way, I'm sixteen, and I'm not a grownup. I know I sound like one most of the time.

ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

This is really good. I like how you made it into a song. Great job!

katy van Ness BRONZE, Fort Edward, New York
Hey this is great, real nice, were did you learn to write like that?

on Jun. 3 2009 at 12:38 am
SilverDawn GOLD, Burnaby, Other
This is pretty good and really sweet but i wish i could hear the rhythm somehow xD your girlfriend is lucky to have somebody to write songs for her (: