March 22, 2009 (a)

The breath of new spring,
Cool.
The movement of the porch swing,
Easy.
The turn of the pages,
Crisp.
The brush of the pen,
Light.
The thoughts ambling by,
Simple.

Your breath slow against my neck,
Patterned.
Your hand brushing back my winded hair,
Careful.
The back brushing against my cheek,
Deliberate.
The sun’s chilled breeze across my face,
Taunting.
Your mouth, hungry, craving mine.
Tempted.
Your lips grazing mine,
No longer worrisome. No longer withholding nature.

Shhh…the bird’s
Additional song.

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really loved how you described each line with one word. Its brilliant and beautiful. I adore it.
and thank you so much for all the comments and support. I really and greatly appreciate it.

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so so soooo much for all your comments, i really appreciate it! It is such a great feeling knowing someone likes your work, dontcha think? lol Anyways, I loved your work, so commenting was my pleasure :) Oh and congrats on the publication! I saw it in the mag today :) Happy writing!
<3 despurlock <3

kiwi12 said...
this is so simple but so fulfilling. i feel like im sitting on the porch breathing the fresh air and waiting for the mailman to pass by...
and then it changes because i feel like someone is holding my hand holding me close.
such warm feeling. :)

Blue-eyed_Hippy-chick said...
Awesome! love it

Inkspired said...
Love it! You wrote so well here! btw, when you post favourites, the links don't work, they send u somewhere else, but thanks for that, I'm flattered! Otherwise, some of ur work would be on my favourites, but I've given up favourites. Anyway, I love the format in this poem, the descriptions and the one word that describes the descriptions. AMAZING!