May 22, 2009 (a) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The rain washes my fears away,
As the raindrops wash the window's grief.
When you're not there to hold me,
As distance stands aloft,
I gaze out at the gray skies,
And douse my sorrows with the rain.

Your sweatshirt I conned.
The amused smile on your face,
As I wondered over its perfume.
Because I craved the smell of you.
Now it covers my body,
Shielding me from the cold.
When your protection is not here to take
The chill from my bones.

I'm lulled by the beating drums
Of the window's pane.
My heart in sync
To the fall of your chest's rise.
I think of yesterday
When I wanted only to be where I am
Today.

CaptainFabulous. said...
in my own way i can totally relate
lovvin this
great job getting it published
checkk out my workk??

ElizabethW. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is amazing! My favorite thing about it is how beautifully it describes something so simple.

Carl C. said...
I have to say, I've looked a some of your works. And I have to say...awesome. I just have to say your poems flow well and I like your choice of words. And since I looked at more than one, I see you're very versatile since each piece of writing is very unique in its style. Keep writing! I don't know if I have any criticism because I'm just really liking your poems. I know this was all just compliments, but I'll probably write some proper critiques when I have time and loo... (more »)

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 19, 2009 at 12:02 am
Thank you very much for your comments! I reallllyyy appreciate them!!!! I would love to hear any further critiques/comments you have! Thanks again!

SilverDawn said...
hey despurlock!! i haven't looked at your work in awhile.. congrats on getting published!! i can really see why this one was chosen. this poem really is amazing. i love each and every line. your words are so beautiful. definately a favourite (:

Thank you so much! Please continue to check back, as I will do with your work! I love hearing your comments, they are always appreciated!!!

Inkspired said...
Really, really beautiful, I loved how you used the rain to get your point across! You are an amazing poet!