Fourteen Years This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Fourteen years I waited.
Taunted by the promise in prose,
Teased by the moving pictures …
Two years later,
I'm still waiting.
I never had that moment:
The sudden amnesia of self and surroundings,
The hoard of butterflies bombarding my stomach.
No fireworks, no music, not even pristine ­silence.
I'm still waiting
For that perfect moment
When his lips first touch mine.

xLoVeLyCuTiEe428x said...
Apr. 8, 2010 at 9:51 am

This is really cute..I haven't had my 'perfect moment' either...Then again, I don't have a boyfriend or a crush...Someday I hope to have my 'perfect moment,' though...

Good job. Keep writing. You have talent.

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
u hav incredible talent!! i just luv ur work!!

TheseBrownEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
amazing!! I love this! I have not yet had my 'perfect moment' yet, and I find that I can wait for it. ;)
again, you have a talent!

INnaturegirl said...
14 years? i say U should go for it... u can't wait 4ever for the guys to make the first move... sometimes u gotta step up...

Alexis R. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
It was kind of hard to portray this but what i meant by the fourteen years is that i was kissed for the first time when i was 14, but it wasn't that blissful first kiss rumored in movies and books. That was the kiss I was hoping for. I wrote the poem two years later, thinking that i still hadn't had one of those heart-stopping kisses. Although now i can certainly say that I have ^_^ I appreciate the comment though.