My Spell.... | Teen Ink

My Spell....

By Maria Suviri BRONZE, Moultrie, Georgia
Maria Suviri BRONZE, Moultrie, Georgia

The lights turned on, flashing many bright colors, and my heart began to race, making me nervous. the audience was screaming, awaiting our appearance on stage. It was my first performance.

The drum player handed me my microphone and smiled. Little , tiny ants crawled up my back when I heard my name. Taking a deep breath, I walked up the stairs. A smile across my face.

"Estan listos para bailar?!"
""Are you ready to dance?!" I screamed in both languages. Click.... Click!Click!Click! The drumsticks beated together. I was getting really excited.

I could feel the beat flow through my body. My vocal chords vibrated as I began to sing. I danced to the beat of the music, shaking my nervousness away. the audience was going wild.

The audience was enchanted by my voice. They dance to my music. They fell in love with me. They were under my spell.

I was inspired to write this poem after my first perfomance in Cairo,GA. I just wanted the readers to feel the emotions that were flowing trough my body before and after I sang. It is a wonderful experience and I hope that the people that read this, experience what I did.