Purity | Teen Ink

Purity

By Angel Kelly BRONZE, Valdosta, Georgia
Angel Kelly BRONZE, Valdosta, Georgia

Purity

Purity is Adam and Eve “In the Beginning”. It desires to be clean, and its cleanliness reflects its innocence. It’s the first day of spring with beautiful, bright blossoms singing songs and filling the air with aroma that reflects its kindness. It’s the newborn baby, enlightening the world with its resonance of modesty and virtue from its creator; the very gift from God we seek. It’s the slip in- slip out type that quietly arrives on the scene and quickly disappears in areas contaminated with conformity and sins. It is the hope that one day will be found in vast quantity amongst the world, not just as a small portion that earth makes up. It is the dependent child requiring nutrition and affection in order to grow and mature. It is the surprise we cannot forget, the passive voice that whispers its triumph rather than issuing its battle cry, and the very courage that stands alone. It is the ability to cry and smile simultaneously. It is a hug from deep inside the bright, red organ. It is you. It is me. It is the days we must go back to. It is the unity and love brought to our society-It is us.
{Smiling Child}

Anupama BRONZE said...
on May. 23 2009 at 9:54 am
Anupama BRONZE, Mumbai, Other
Purity is the feeling thats made you write this =)

Its anything that can pierce through your body and touch your heart. Heart tugging poem =)