Hunger

I want to call out the monsters from the closets and beneath the beds for I am tired of this dancing game.
Given the chance to throw all fists in the air, I would keep my arms steady.
Your words cut the radio chatter from my eyes like lightning bolts.
Frankly it’s the uncertainty that really kills me.
If the boogieman really will smother me with my own pillow, at least let him be kind enough to say so.
And for all things I have done half heartedly, I am convinced my heart is in half.
And when these things crawl out from the closet I wish not to say I told you so.
I wish never to speak again.
Given the chance to feast I would go hungry, because all in all, it wasn’t worth my time.
And for now on all that will fill me is fury.
Blind, silent fury.

Acalleq This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
you totally rock now in my opinion, how do you do it? are you a reincarnation of some famous writer ;)

Emma H. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I absolutly love this poem, the sincerity and the depth of it just keeps me captivated in its walls.

LIV2011 said...
Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:26 am:
this was honestly moving. i loved every little thing about it. i wish that i could use words like you do. keep being who you are, because it made this poem stunning.

ivyonthewall said...
this is fantastic! i love it :) great work. keep writing

krzykrys said...
this is sad but so beautiful too. . . keep it up.

MattRgrs This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 22, 2009 at 3:56 pm:
Well this poem of mine is mostly about my growing up over the past few years. My father asked me how I was dealing with growing up once, and I couldn't answer him. Also, I’ve never really conformed to anything at all. I know that everyone says that, but I don’t even fit in with those guys. I don’t drink and I don’t smoke. I don’t do anything just because other people do it too. I don’t think that makes me a hero, I just think it makes me lonely, but I don&r... (more »)

Chelwitt said...
Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:25 am:
This is...something similar to beautiful.
I'd love to know what inspired this, but then, I don't want to know either.

Carry on...you know what you're doing.