The Roller Coaster of Life | Teen Ink

The Roller Coaster of Life

May 14, 2009
By Kristen Tewis BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
Kristen Tewis BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Life is like a roller coaster, full of loops, twists, and, of course, a jerk of a turn.
Although it may seem to be easy, there is so much more to learn.
Everyone faces problems in life, and some do not stick it out.
Life is full of good times and bad, and this is what life is all about.
Everyone has to learn to accept the good times along with the bad.
Every time something does not go our way, we cannot always get so sad.
We must learn that life is a box full of chocolates, never knowing what we will receive.
Even though sometimes life seems unbarring, we must learn the right way to grieve.
We can no longer look for an easy route to exit the journey of life.
We all know how often we try to avoid it; we will always encounter some kind of strife.
All we can do on the roller coaster of life is sit down and enjoy the ride.
We will try to continue with dignity, determination, and stride.
And even though things may not always go exactly the way we plan,
We will always overcome things, and come out on top, and this we cannot ban.
So as we go day to day on this roller coaster that sometimes may flip us upside down,
We must always remember that a smile takes a lot less energy than a frown.
So all we can do as we continue on for this corkscrew of a twist,
Is remember all the good qualities of life, of which we can easily list.
So sit down, buckle up, and enjoy the ride of this roller coaster,
And no matter how happy you end up with your life at the end, remember not to boaster.