Love

Love, love
It repeats in my mind like a heartbeat
Only when you die it never stops
It’s serene, yet bewildering
And when you try to put it aside
It puts aside you
It is infinity, yet different
But the same
And somehow more
You feel like no one will ever feel that way
And it’s true
Caring, Liking, Confusion, Thought
That is love
There’s that word again
Love, love
Your heartbeat, my heartbeat, our heartbeat
People draw hearts to indicate love
But hearts are organs pumping blood through your body
And I know you’re better than that
Love is in the soul
Like a guitar, every time you discover a new song
You find harmony, strength, power, freeing of the mind
Altogether in a soul of love
Barely contained by a fragment of sanity
But who needs sanity
Go wild
Enchant everyone by making hope for love
Soul not heart
Peace, calm, all yet more into one simple word
LOVE

Birder said...
Just like to say, I wrote this when I was 8-10. :P

elmosoreo said...

I love this poem ^.^ It brought to mind my favorite quote Ima share it with you cuz Im that cool lol -->

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of et... (more »)

Killer_PianoForteist replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 6:19 am
Ummmmm....I'm guessing you accidently copied and pasted the poem twice :/ But, it is a very touching nice poem. I think it's very beautiful.   C;

apocalyptigirl said...
Smiley face. The Good: Loved the antithesis (contrast) between body and soul, soul and heart, sanity/wild, serene/confusing, put it aside/puts aside you (that was my favorite part btw). The fixable: Didn't like all the "yet"s. The Other: me encanta esta poema. :)

Supernova7 said...
It was awesome five stars:)

A.Dreamer said...
It had an excellent beat to it! I loved the diction. :) And the poem was altogether nicely written. Good job!

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was beautiful, excellent use of words, very flowing and rhythmic. Great imagery and examples. 

AprilNeon said...
Aug. 1, 2010 at 9:40 am

Parts of it were a bit confusing, for example 'It puts aside you', and 'but hearts are organs pumping blood through your body' like, okay, got it, but this is a poem.

Annnyway, moving on, I actually really did think this was a really good poem and the word choice was absolutely stunning. 'Barely contained by a fragment of sanity' was my favorite line. Nicely done!

TheHandThatWieldsThePen said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 8:26 am

This is really good!  I love how portray love in all the complexity that it really is!!!

;-)

midnightsilence said...
absolutely beautiful.... a deep meaning that it eye opening.  This is, definately special.  Wow.  Very nice!

i.ll_be_fine_899 said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:12 am
awwww :))) that made me smile!!!! that was really good ^^ nice workk

GreenDayAddict replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:46 am
Thanks for the comment and complement!

sleeplessdreamer said...
I ABSOLUTELY love this... (no pun intended). To be honest, when I first opened it I was expecting it to be some fluffly "love" poem like a lot of them are. But you blew me away. This is beautiful!

GreenDayAddict replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:03 am
Thanks, that really means alot!

Inherinerd said...
Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:07 am
wow this is amazing!!!! I suck at poetry!!! really jealous!!

GreenDayAddict said...
Mar. 1, 2010 at 8:23 am
Thank You all for the wonderful feed back on my work! It really means alot.

~*el-oh-vee-ee*~ said...
Oh my god. This is so good i think my eyes are bugging out of my head!!! O.O or close at least... YOU ARE AMAZING! keep up the good work! better yet the most amazing work EVA!

Joanna said...
Nicely done. I like your use of similes and imagery.
I'd suggest that you try to seperate the lines into verses, instead of having it all just one big peice. It's a small detail, but I think the right configuration of lines can make a huge difference.

xxxRedRose6xxx said...
OOH la la this is really an amazing piece, but you have to wonder, who's the special somebody?

CarolineXOXOXOXO said...
U R Amazing! There is something in your writing that says Im younger than you think. If thats true, than you write wonderfully for your age! Bravo!