Moments To Memories | Teen Ink

Moments To Memories

By MaddyTheMad SILVER, Cement City, Michigan
MaddyTheMad SILVER, Cement City, Michigan

"Your hair is winter fire
January embers
My heart burns
There, too" - Secret Admirer

Just being with you that night reminded me how much I love you. How lucky I am to have you. Laying so close to you, my head on your shoulder, it filled my heart with butterflies. And when you rested your head on mine, I could've exploded, my heart swollen with love and joy.
Laying so close to you. So close, I could hear your heartbeat. So close, I could feel your caling breaths. So close, our foreheads touched. I felt so safe. When you put your arm around my waist, I felt so at home.
Laying there, in your cold, dark room, in the warmth of your blanket, my hand resting on your back. Talking to you, telling you things I've wanted to tell you since the day I met you. Things you already know. The simple memory, alone, could bring me to tears. Being beside you fills me with relief. Your laugh, your voice, it's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard.
When I kissed you, it was short and simple. But it was warm and sweet. It was full of meaning. I should have kissed you longer. Running my fingers through your hair, falling asleep to your soft breathing, I'd die for that moment to last forever.
I wrap my arms around myself. I rest my hand on my hip. Pretending it's you. I run my fingers through my hair. I let them dance along my back. Pretending they're yours. I should've held you longer. Tonight will be a bit harder without you. But that's okay, Because I can just pretend I'm laying close to you again. The feeling of your lips against mine, a memory I will hold on to forever. A feeling I will never forget.

Something I wrote for my girlfriend. Not spell checked and typed up a bit fast but oh well.