My Love | Teen Ink

My Love

By MaddyTheMad SILVER, Cement City, Michigan
MaddyTheMad SILVER, Cement City, Michigan

"Your hair is winter fire
January embers
My heart burns
There, too" - Secret Admirer

“She longed for someone to understand.

For someone to care.

For someone to love.”

My love, you will never be able to truly grasp how mow much I love you. How much I adore you.

“I wanna spend the rest of my sunsets with you.”

I long for your touch. To place my hand in yours, hold it so tightly and dearly, and never let go. How will I ever be able to tell you how happy you make me? How my heart feels light and full of joy just by hearing your name?

“I should have kissed you longer.”

With you, I feel at home. How can I carry on speaking when my lips have found their home against yours? How can I force my feet to keep walking I have found my place beside you?

“Isn’t it amazing how

People can feel like home?”

“Your hair is Winter

Fire, January embers,

My heart burns there, too.”

My angel, you will never know how much of a blessing you are. How I love and cherish you and will continue to do so until my final breath.

“If this is love,

Love is easy.”

How can I fall asleep when I want to be awake? To be by your side forevermore? To hear your sweet voice speak to me as if you were singing the most beautiful song I’ve ever heard?

“Before I met you,

I never knew what it was like

To be able to look at someone and

Smile for no reason.”

How can I keep going when I am nothing without the strength and happiness you give me? I wish to hold you in my arms forever. To keep you safe. To be your rock.

“The walls I had put up to protect myself

From falling in love were

Merely paper crumbling

And burning to the ground

At her feet.”

May whatever God that blessed me with you also bless me with a lifetime of joy and love with you. May they keep you safe and give you the life and love you deserve.

“The night sky is dim.

The cold air bites at our skin.

Yet we lay here,

In the soft green grass,

Staring at the twinkling stars.

So happy.

So in love.”

A letter I wrote for my girlfriend including some quotes written by myself and a few other people